I’m just back at the Winston for dinner ( Beer and burger) before hitting the cinemas again to see Black Panther – the late show.
They do brew a damn fine pint.
( oh and weapon of choice tonight again is the Winston burger REMIX: sheer genius for you burger connoisseurs out there. This is basically a bacon double cheeseburger served in a Cinnebon but add fries and a horseradish/wasabi sauce …. mmmmmm kill me now I die happy)
… skip to 9.30pm – Beer and burger buzz installed successfully. Just waiting for the film to start and I’m the only one here.
Hey let’s chat!
So what’s new?
Im glad you asked!
…after a relatively breezy Monday of debriefs and goodbyes, I thought that all this talk of readjustment issues on return from Antarctica was a load of bunk.
It’s only been 4 months!
What could possibly change!
Well! Let me tell you …
I now have super powers ( at least temporarily)
1. Super Hearing – In the 10 story apartment block I’m in, I can hear a constant hum of conversation all the time – like hundreds of voices gibbering in my head – except they are not in my head ( God at least I hope not – can you hear them, Frank?).
I had to leave a cafe today as there was a group of people talking extremely loudly and it was massively unsettling.
2. Super smell – the vehicle exhausts, petrochemicals and even cigarette smells are driving me crazy.
3. Super Chatty (shut up, you) – I can’t stop talking to strangers. My shopping rounds today took all day as I bloody well introduced myself to people in shops, randoms in cinemas, and many cafe people and had a damn good chat.
4. Super Confidence – I’m 10 foot high and bulletproof at the moment.
5. Super tired – not sleeping at all (See 1.)
6. Super restless – I can’t stop moving. 20km walking around town yesterday, 10km today so far. Crazy! (See 7.)
7. Super Caffeination – I can’t get enough good ☕️. Yum.
8. Super Preparedness – all packed and ready to go to Macquarie Island.
9. Super Luckiness – to have worked with so many awesome people.
10. Super gratefulness – to be handed these opportunities and have the life I have.
Not a bad top 10 of super powers, I reckon.
So I have powers now, and as with great power comes great responsibility, I promise to use them for good and not evil purposes.
(Unless it’s all because of the caffeine, in which case it’s every person for themselves)
Sorry World but I’m fairly certain it’s less Antarctica and more the caffeine… mwahahaaa
Now all I have to do is get on the ship Friday morning and not fuck it all up for the next few weeks.
Totally and honestly, I’m loving life at the moment.
*chatted to my lovely and intelligent daughter Isabel today ( she’s the coolest, smartest, most quick witted chick I know – giving me shit for an inaccurate Bitmoji )
**bought a syndicate entry in the 30 million $ lotto tonight – if you don’t hear from me again, I’ve won.
***there’s a new Jack Reacher novel out!!!!
****AND I saw The Shape Of Water finally – so beautifully moving moving, original and a wonderful film – I’ve fallen in love with cinema all over again – thank you Guillermo 🙏🏻
One thought on “Whodathunk”
Back home too… happy but sleepless in Umina… again possibly massive caffine overdose. Where are all my icebergs.
Have fun at Macca!
LikeLiked by 1 person